Sometimes you just want to prepare a fancy restaurant-style meal at home or are simply craving good quality fries and don’t want to go out. If that’s the case, then the Weston French Fry Cutter model 36-3501-W is just the thing you want. It helps you make restaurant-style French fries at home without any hassle or extra effort.
Between peeled or skinned, seasoned or baked, or the good old fried, this restaurant-quality French fry cutter by Weston will make your life easier and more fun.
It will also cut the time and hassle it takes to cut the potatoes with a knife, all you need to do is place the potato on the cutter and push down. One blink and your perfectly shaped fries are ready for you to cook them.
Features of Weston French Fry Cutter
In addition to super cool and professional French fries you get with this cutter, there are other features that we need to discuss in this French Fry Cutter Review to help you make your decision easier.
- Restaurant Quality: Professional grade French fry cutter for homes
- Design: The Weston 36-3501-W French Fry Cutter construction is made with cast iron ensuring extensive durability.
- Cutter Blade: The cutting blade of this Weston Cutter is 3/8 inches stainless steel, which is ideal for French fries.
- Vegetable Dicer: The French fry cutter does more than just cutting up potatoes for fries. It can be very useful for you to prepare for your meal by slicing and dicing vegetables and fruits.
- Suction Cup Feet: The Weston cutter comes with 4 powerful grip suction feet that you can use to place it on the countertop so that it doesn’t slip away. Weston doesn’t want you to have an accident in the process of making something yummy for yourself.
- Wall Mounted: If you don’t want to put the cutter on the countertop, you can always have it wall mounted easily. Wall mounting saves space and is more convenient and practical to use.
How to use Weston French Fry Cutter?
Cutting up potatoes has never been so much easy or fun, but the Weston French fry cutter blades get the job done without any hassle. All you have to do is follow some basic steps.
- Place a bowl underneath the cutter, where the fries can be gathered
- Then, you need to ensure that the cutting plate and the pushing plate are away from each other, and you can do that by raising the French fry cutter handle.
- Now, you need to insert the potato length-wise into the cutter and lower the handle slowly, so that the potato is wedged securely between the cutting plate and the pushing plate. (Before inserting the potato, remember to peel it before you put it in the cutter if you want to have peeled fries)
- Once the potato is properly inserted, all you have to do is push the handle downwards, which will force the potato to go through the cutting plate and your French fries will be ready to be cooked.
In case you are using peeled potatoes, it is best to let them soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes before frying them to give them extra crispiness.
What makes it the best for your kitchen?
Let’s shed light on some of the features as to why this professional Weston should make its way into your kitchen.
- Restaurant standard cut fries at home
- Stainless steel components including 3/8 inch cutting blade
- Cast iron durable cutter
- Easy to clean by disassembling
- 50 Lbs of potatoes in one hour
- Countertop with suction feet to resist slipping
- It can also be wall-mounted if countertop is not an option or preference
- The push bar handle is long enough to provide convenience and quick cutting
Something that can be better
- While the design is solid and durable, it can work on some improvement as far as vanity is concerned.
- 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch blades are also available if you like thinner fires, however, they need to be purchased separately
Item Number: 36-3501-W
Product Dimensions: 10 x 17 x 13.8 inches
Item Weight: 11.75 pounds
Handle Color: Black and Silver
Material: Cast Iron
Warranty: 1 Year
Cutter Blade: 3/8-inch Stainless steel
Capacity: 50lbs. of potato in 60 minutes
- Push Plate & cutting plate
- Two Push Bars
- Nuts, screws, and bolts
- Four suction cup feet
- Two Guide Rods
Now there is absolutely no need to be worried about these nuts and bolts, all these parts come numbered and with clear cut instructions on the Weston French fry cutter assembly process.
All in all, this French fry cutter is easy to install, easy to clean and easy to maintain and a must-have in your home kitchen to show off some professional cooking skills. This can also be used to cut vegetables and fruits, and making a quick salad for lunch has never been easier.