Mashed potatoes are perhaps one of the most frequent dishes to be made as a side dish, and the best part is that it is a favorite for all ages so we brought out the best , OXO Potato Masher From making it for toddlers to elders, as a side dish for a fancy meal or as comfort food, mashed potatoes are always welcome.
In this review we will talk about what to expect from a good potato masher to help you decide why buying this will make your life easier in the kitchen.
To avoid having too runny or too thick or lumpy mashed potatoes, it is important to use the right tool to get the right texture. Let’s take a look at what convenience the OXO Potato Masher Review 1-EA offers, and you can decide if that is what you are looking for.
The handle of the masher is broad and horizontal and lets you get a good grip on it to apply the required pressure. It is also soft, so you don’t get too uncomfortable while mashing the potatoes.
The stainless steel plate is of good design and quality which results in smooth and consistent mashed potatoes.
The stainless steel also makes it hygienic as it is resistant to rust and stains and limits the growth of germs and bacteria.
In addition to mashing potatoes, it can also be used for fruit and root vegetables like bananas and carrots, etc.
The plate grid is well spaced and doesn’t let too much food get stuck making it easier to clean. The OXO masher is also dishwasher friendly, making it really easy and convenient to clean and maintain.
Why you should consider it?
Consistency is perhaps one of the most important things as far as mashed potatoes are concerned. Contrary to popular belief as to how hard can it be, all you have to do is mash, it requires a technique to achieve the required texture. The OXO potato masher is one of the best mashers available as it is powerful but comfortable.
This innovative potato masher lets you make smooth mashed potatoes with less pressure on your hands. The broad soft horizontal handle lets you press straight down, while it cushions your grip and absorbs pressure.
Related Guide: Best Vegetable Choppers of 2021
How to use it correctly?
Whether you are making mashed potatoes as a side dish, or mashing potatoes for some cutlets or even mashing up some vegetables for the babies, there is a technique to ensure that you get the desired texture.
For mashed potatoes, you need a smooth and fluffy texture and you can get that by ensuring there are no lumps.
- Boil the potatoes
- Peel them
- Put them in a bowl to be mashed
- Use the OXO potato masher to mash the potatoes, at first there will be huge chunks but with consistent mashing, it will come down to lumps
- It is better to mash them while they are hot, as it is easier to break down the lumps
- Mash them till you get the smoothness you desire, and then mash them a little more for perfection
- Lastly, gently fold the mashed potatoes using the masher so that it is fluffy and not flat.
- The horizontal handle is broad and soft which absorbs pressure from the hands
- The mashing plate is stainless steel fine-grid
- Can be used for potatoes, fruits, and some root vegetables
- Easy to clean and safe for dishwasher
- Designed to mash potatoes easily without much effort
Product Dimensions – 6.1 x 4 x 3 inches
Item Weight – 4 ounces
Handle material – Nylon, and Santoprene
Mashing Plate – Fine Grade stainless steel
Warranty – Lifetime
Color – Black and stainless steel
What we like
- Stainless Steel Construction
- No-Slip Grip
- Horizontal Handles
- Dishwasher safe
- Convenient for mashing up fruits for babies
- Makes lump-free and smooth mashed potatoes
What we don’t like
- It cannot be used with non-stick pots and pans
- Considering the small size, it is not ideal for larger quantities
Mashing potatoes may be easy, but mashing potatoes in the right consistency, without any lumps and not having a sore hand at the end of the job, well that requires some skill. And the best tool to complement that skill is the OXO potato masher. With this, you can prepare the best-mashed potatoes or mashed fruit for babies without any hassle.