Is It Safe To Use Clorox Wipes In The Microwave?

Photo of author
Written By Emily

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur pulvinar ligula augue quis venenatis. 

If you’re looking for an easy way to disinfect your microwave, go ahead and try using Clorox wipes!Using Clorox wipes in the microwave is a quick and easy way to disinfect and clean the appliance. 

So, can you clean a microwave with Clorox wipes? The answer is yes – but it’s not necessarily the best idea. While Clorox wipes can definitely kill bacteria and help to clean your microwave, they can also be harsh on the surface of your appliance. 

If you do choose to use them, be sure to follow up by wiping down the entire microwave with a damp cloth to remove any residue.

Just make sure that the wipes haven’t been sitting in water too long, as this will make them less effective. And always be careful when removing a hot wipe from the microwave — they may be steaming hot! Be sure to let them cool down before using them on any surfaces.

Is it safe to use Clorox wipes in the microwave

What are Clorox Wipes?

A Clorox wipe is a disposable cleaning cloth, usually a white cloth with a bleach-like solution pre-applied.

Clorox wipes are available in a variety of sizes and packaging options. Some wipes come in a resealable container that can be stored in a purse or backpack for on-the-go cleaning.

The wipes come in a pre-packaged container and consist of a wet cloth towel that has been saturated with a bleach-based cleaning solution. 

Clorox wipes are effective at killing bacteria and viruses, making them a popular choice for disinfecting surfaces in the home and microwaves oven as well.

Clean Microwave With Clorox Wipes

Clorox claims that their wipes are safe for use on household surfaces like countertops, sinks, tables and stoves. They’re even safe for disposing of viruses in your microwave! 

The company explains that this is because of the low water content in the cleaning cloths, which prevents them from catching fire like regular paper towels or tissues might. 

This is due to another special ingredient: alcohol. You may have heard of alcohol being used as an antiseptic before — it works by killing germs with its high level of disinfecting power.

If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to clean your microwave, you can use clorox wipes.

Most people use microwaves to heat up food, which would effectively boil/steam off any water resulting from the wipe process. This directly contradicts the recommendation on the package of Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes instructing consumers to “Just add water – No rinsing needed” .

Microwaves work based on penetrative radio waves, which would not be able to penetrate any water droplets. Therefore, the only way to disinfect with a Clorox® wipe in a microwave is if it remains wet with no opportunity for evaporation.

In this scenario, the Clorox wipe may have been too wet to begin with and insufficient time has passed for it to dry before using in a microwave oven. 

Despite these facts, there is still a risk that certain chemicals could break down during microwaving and afterwards leave residues on your food or interior of the microwave itself. 

Clorox wipes are pre-moistened with a special solution that helps to break down grease and dirt. All you need to do is wipe them over the surfaces of your microwave and let them work their magic. In just a few minutes, your microwave will be clean and shining like new.

One thing to note about Clorox wipes is that they should not be used in a microwave that is still hot. If you need to clean your microwave, you can use Clorox wipes. Just make sure that you don’t have any food or liquid inside the microwave when you start cleaning it. 

Wet a wipe and wring it out so that it’s not too wet. Then, wipe down the inside of the microwave. Be sure to get all of the dirt and grime off of the walls and ceiling of the microwave. 

If there are any spills or messes on the floor of the microwave, wipe them up as well. Once you’re done, let the microwave dry completely before using it again.

Now your microwave is clean and disinfected – and it only took a few minutes!

Tips to use Clorox wipes in microwave safely

Using Clorox wipes in the microwave is perfectly safe as long as you read and follow the directions. Because microwaves can produce steam and heat, it’s likely that Clorox wipes will get hotter than usual when used from a microwave. 

This is not dangerous for your child.Cleaning your microwave doesn’t have to be a hassle-especially if you use Clorox wipes.You’ll be amazed by how much better your microwave looks and smells when you’re done!

First, never use a dry cloth or wipe in the microwave. This could cause a fire.

Second, always follow the instructions on the Clorox wipe container. Some wipes are not meant for microwave use.

Third, never leave a wipe in the microwave unattended. If it starts to smoke or catch on fire, turn off the microwave and remove the wipe immediately.

Fourth, make sure that all food residue is removed from the microwave before using wipes. Wipes can’t disinfect if they’re dirty.

Be careful when taking the wipe out of the microwave. It will be hot, so use a pot holder to avoid getting burned.

It is also important to note that you should never put clorox wipe directly into the microwave. Doing so could cause a fire. Instead, place the wipe on a microwavable dish before heating it.

Following these tips should help you safely and effectively clean the inside of your microwave using clorox wipes.

Many appliances are also not designed to come into contact with bleach and thus using the wipes on them could void their warranty or even damage them beyond repair. 

For this reason it is best to follow all directions provided by the product packaging when using clorox wipes.

Is it safe to use clorox wipes in the microwave

Drawbacks of using Clorox wipes in microwave

Some people say that cleaning your microwave with Clorox wipes is the best way to do it. They say that the wipes will remove all of the food and dirt from inside the microwave. And they’re right – they will.

But there are some potential drawbacks to using Clorox wipes to clean your microwave. First of all, the fumes from the Clorox wipes can be pretty strong. If you’re not careful, you could end up with a headache or a sore throat.

Second of all, the Clorox wipe residue can be a problem. It might not make the microwave smell bad, but the residue could end up getting onto your food and changing its taste or quality.

The EPA has determined that over half of the ingredients used in non-green cleaning products pose a threat to human health or the environment (i.e., can cause cancer).

However, with the benefits comes some drawbacks as well. Some users describe feeling itchy, dry skin following use of clorox wipes. This is due to the chemical composition of the product which includes alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride and alcohol among others.

Conclusion

For a safer alternative to disinfecting with a Clorox wipe, use hot water and soap.With these precautions in mind, though, using Clorox wipes in the microwave is a safe and easy way to clean all sorts of items.

That’s all there is to it! Your microwave will be clean and disinfected in no time. Plus, thanks to the Clorox wipes’ powerful cleaning power, you can be sure that even those hard-to-reach places will be clean and bacteria-free. So why wait? Start cleaning your microwave today!

Share on:

Emily will happily recount the days of her childhood, gleefully helping her mother in the kitchen making lunch for the entire family. These days, when she’s not treating her husband and kids to her newest cooking experiment, Emily writes for zayconfoods.com, sharing her first-hand experiences using kitchen appliances, enlightening both our team and our audience of the intimate knowledge she brings to the table.

Leave a Comment